We are fast approaching the end of another year marred by COVID, and while many will be glad to see the end of 2021 now that normalcy is about to return, we still have a ways to go before the full economic impact of the pandemic may play out in different ways for decades.
So what can you expect to see from Facebook, Twitter and the rest in 2022? We need to know: which social media trends are going to change the game in 2022?
TikTok will become the most important social network for marketing (??!)
The popular video-sharing social networking platform TikTok allows users to create and share various musical content for the amusement of themselves and others through short musical videos. More than just an entertaining distraction, the app spurs creativity and helps users showcase their talents through music.
TikTok surpassed the 1 billion user mark in September 2021. That made it the 7th most popular social network in the world.
Instagram is the most important channel for influencer marketing, newcomer TikTok has quickly become one of the most popular platforms in the world in less than two years and a rising platform for influencers.
- Create a TikTok account for your branding
- Explore TikTok so you can start feeling fluent on the platform and find some ideas
- Adapt your TikTok social strategy
Customers will expect to buy items directly on social media
Now, as social media networks continue to expand on in-platform shopping tools, it's clear that social media eCommerce is gaining steam. But, as with any new marketing trend, you might wonder, "Are consumers actually buying products while surfing social media?"
81% of shoppers were already using social media to discover new brands and research products. Many businesses have figured out that letting these users checkout in the same app just makes sense.
There are now more ways than ever to buy products on social media.
- Experiment with shoppable posts, or even ads! This will allow customers to see your products in context—and then place an order in just a few taps.
- You can also optimize your Instagram product content to show up in the Shopping tab of Instagram's app.
- If you are selling products to people, open a Facebook shop and/or Instagram shop. Alternatively, test product pin images on Pinterest.
Short-Form Videos： Leverage Them to Grow Your Brand
The short-form video pushes traditional media boundaries and provides people with a quick and easy way to consume information. The format lends itself to a more creative way of communicating that’s meant to excite and inspire people.
According to video hosting software company Vidyard, 60% of all videos published on the internet in 2020 were under 2 minutes long.
Two years ago, when IGTV and Facebook watch were launched, there was a moment when we all thought the long-form video was the future.
But then TikTok arrived in North America. TikTok is the leading platform of today’s short-form video movement—its videos most commonly associated with trending music and dance challenges.
Youtube recently announced its “Shorts” feature for users of the Youtube app. Shorts are 15-seconds long and allow users to compile multiple video clips together, adjust video speeds, and record alongside music hands-free.
- If your goal is to attract new followers, try using TikTok videos.
- If your goal is to increase your Instagram audience, try using Reels.
- If you've had success with short videos on one platform, try them on another. And note the results.
Use JarveePro to easily manage all your social media. From a single dashboard, you can schedule and publish posts, auto follow/unfollow, and much more. Try it for free today.